I love making homemade broth as a great way to get gelatin in, but sometimes it just doesn’t sound super appealing during the hot summer months. I’ll get back to my soup loving ways soon, but gummies on the other hand, I could eat all day, everyday! Gummies are my version of a healthier treat, so they’re perfect in my book. These little guys give you the gut healing benefits of gelatin, plus the deliciousness of chocolate, only sweetened with bananas. Total win, win!
I only use Vital Proteins brand of gelatin, as it comes from grassfed cows, which are the happiest and healthiest! I hope you love these as much as my family does! Enjoy!
- • 1 tsp coconut oil
- • 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- • 4 tbsp gelatin
- • 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- • 3 bananas (ripe or unripe, depending on how sweet you’d like the gummies)
- • 3 tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut (optional)
- If you’re using coconut, here’s how I toast it - heat a small pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the shredded coconut to the pan, and stir until the coconut starts to brown. It will burn quickly, so keep a close eye on it! Once the coconut is toasted to your liking, remove from the pan and place in a small bowl.
- Grease an 8”x 8” glass dish with the coconut oil.
- Place 2 of the bananas in a bowl and mash well with a fork (yields about 1 cup). Dice the remaining banana. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat. Whisk in the gelatin 1 tbsp at a time until dissolved.
- Add the cocoa and mashed banana to the coconut milk mixture. Whisk to combine. Add the remaining diced banana to the mixture and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the glass dish, and top with the toasted coconut. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or until set.
- Cut into squares/stars/hearts…you get the idea. Eat up!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blog, I may receive monetary compensation. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable.