I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing these are! They’re flourless, incredibly easy to make, and you’d never guess that they’re made from just 5 ingredients!
My husband and I have been on a huge plantain kick for the past few months. Can you blame us? They’re delicious! We love frying them up in coconut oil for breakfast, and topping them with ghee, cinnamon and sea salt. Seriously, SO good! In an effort to change things up a bit, I wanted to see if I could make super simple pancakes using plantains, and it actually worked better than I could have hoped for!
These are amazing with maple syrup, ghee, almond butter, chocolate chips, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice…really anything you can dream up!
I have no doubt that even kids would LOVE these, so give them a try and let me know what you think!
- • 1 large green plantain, peeled
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • ¼ tsp baking soda
- • 1/8 tsp salt
- • Coconut oil for cooking
- Place the plantain, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt in your blender. Blend until you have a smooth batter. ** If the plantain is hard to peel, try making a slit in the peel lengthwise, followed by slicing it into thirds. This makes the peeling process much easier.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil has melted and the pan is hot, use 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter onto the pan.
- Cook until the bottom edges of the pancake are golden brown, then flip the pancakes and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes, or until the pancakes are cooked through.