Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

I originally shared this Paleo Banana Bread recipe with my newsletter subscribers a couple months ago, and they were a huge hit! I often share recipes with my subscribers long before they show up here, so be sure to sign up for my email updates so that you won’t miss out!

Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

This recipe takes me right back to my childhood when my mom would freeze black bananas, which would have ended up in the trash otherwise, and once she had enough bananas stored up, she would whip up a batch of homemade banana bread. The taste, texture and smell of this Paleo Banana Bread is exactly what I remember, minus the gluten, grains and even eggs!

Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

It took me 7 attempts to get this Paleo Banana Bread exactly how I wanted it, but the effort was more than worth it! I know so many of you have intolerances/allergies to eggs, but even if you don’t, I have no doubt that you’ll love this recipe! These are not only paleo, but vegan too!

You can bake these into muffins, or bread, both instructions are below – it’s totally up to you! Grain-free baked goods tend to stick, so parchment paper muffin liners (or parchment paper if you’re baking this into a loaf) is going to be your BFF! Also, the riper the bananas, the better…this is where you can use all of those black bananas that you might toss anyway!

Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

Enjoy this recipe for my Paleo Banana Bread!

Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

Yield: 12 muffins or 1 loaf of bread

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with parchment muffin liners , or line a loaf pan with parchment paper
  2. Stir together all of the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl, using a fork. In a separate medium sized bowl, stir together the wet ingredients.
  3. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Divide the batter among the lined muffin tins, or pour it into the lined loaf pan.
  4. For muffins, bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. For bread, bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!

Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

Paleo Banana Bread (Egg-free!)

Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!

1. Teresa

Could I replace the cassava flour with almond flour?

Hi Teresa! Unfortunately the flours can’t be subbed out, as this recipe is egg-free and took me 7 tries to get it perfect…so this is one where I can’t say how it would turn out if you subbed any of the ingredients.

2. Heather

Can you substitute sunflower seed butter for almond butter?

Hi Heather! That would probably work, although I can’t say for sure what the outcome would be, as I haven’t tried it myself. I tested this recipe 7 different times, and even minor tweaks completely changed the texture. Please let me know if you do end up trying it, I’d love to know how they turn out!

3. Rose Wilkinson

Well – I do not know what I did wrong but mine was a complete disaster. I used a muffin pan and followed all the instructions exactly. It did not seem to cook very well and was very doughy. I had to use more than 2 bananas to get the 2 cups so maybe that had something to do with it. I did not do any substitutes. Disappointing.

Hi Rose! I’m so sorry to hear you had an issue! This is a super popular recipe on my website, and I’ve made them several times myself for friends and family, so I’m not quite sure what could have gone wrong. Do you happen to know the brand of cassava flour that you used?

• Rose wilkinson

Anthony’s. do you think that would have made a difference. Going to try it again but make muffins this time. Any other hints would be good

Hmmm, I’ve never tried Anthony’s myself as I only use the cassava flour that I linked to, but I can’t imagine it would make that much of a difference. The batter should be thick, not runny. I’m honestly not sure what could have gone wrong – sorry! The only other thing I could think of is to be sure that your almond butter only lists almonds in the ingredients, as some brands will add oils which could change the structure of baked goods. Hope that helps!

4. […] Looking for more paleo + vegan treat recipes? Check out my 5-ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites as well as my Egg-free Banana Muffins! […]