Trade your noodles for some zoodles! Wait, what? If you’re new to the land of zoodles, I’m about to introduce you to one of my very favorite things! Zucchini noodles, AKA zoodles! Cut into a noodle like shape, either using a julienne peeler, or a spiralizer (which I highly recommend), and zucchini is completely transformed! Zoodles have completely replaced pasta in my eyes, they’re that good! Even my 3 year old nephew loves them!
I know most people are crazy busy, so I was determined to make this soup super easy to make. That’s exactly what I did, and it turned out perfectly! I highly recommend making this with homemade broth. It not only takes the flavor to another level, but the healing benefits of homemade broth are truly incredible! Happy Cooking!!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 celery stalks, sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup celery root (also called celeriac) peeled and chopped into ½” cubes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced (or ½ tsp dried)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- 2-3 small zucchini, made into zoodles using either a julienne peeler or spiralizer
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Add all of the ingredients into a large pot, except for the thyme, parsley (if using), and zucchini
Cover, and bring the pot to a boil
Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes
Add the thyme and parsley (if using) during the last 5 minutes of cooking
Right before serving the soup, drop the zoodles into the pot and give it a good stir
Serve with Just Love Your Guts biscuits! Yum yum!!