Hellllllo Summer!! This recipe marks my official dive into summer, even though we pretty much skipped winter all together in California! I’m a total summer girl, so I can’t wait to make tons of recipes to embrace my favorite season! My husband and I would move to Hawaii in a heartbeat. Summer year round? Yes, please!
I absolutely love this recipe because not only is it super easy to make (as I always strive for with my recipes) but it’s also loaded with all the fresh flavors that remind me of a tropical island, and you don’t have to heat a single pan or oven! The salsa in this recipe is really amazing, and would be totally delicious served with plantain chips! You could easily swap out the ground turkey in this recipe for ground beef or even ground chicken. Use whatever works best for you! Happy grilling!
P.S. This week I added a print option for my recipes! YAY! Hope you all love this new feature!
- • 2 lbs ground turkey (or ground beef/chicken)
- • ½ cup chopped green onions
- • 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- • 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- • ¼ cup coconut aminos
- • 1 tsp red chili flakes
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced into ½” cubes
- • 1 cup fresh mango, diced into ½” cubes
- • 1 avocado, diced into ½” cubes
- • 1 cup red bell pepper, diced into ½” pieces (approximately 1 bell pepper)
- • ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- • 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- • salt to taste
- First, let’s make the salsa! Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the turkey burgers in a medium bowl, and shape into 6 patties. Place your patties on the grill and cook 15-20 minutes or until well done, flipping half way through. (Adjust the cooking time if you you’re using ground beef or chicken)
- Top the burgers with the salsa and eat up! So good!!