Aloha! While you’re reading this I’m most likely paddleboarding or snorkeling with some really pretty fish. Or eating a lettuce wrapped grassfed burger on the beach. Don’t hate me. One of me and my husbands biggest goals in life is to move to Hawaii, even just part time (wouldn’t that be a dream?!). We feel so at home when we’re here, there’s nothing quite like the aloha life. So when we move here, you’re all invited! See, now you can’t hate me.
I really, really love this recipe! If you don’t feel like sautéing the shrimp in a pan, just grill them on your BBQ using the directions from my post last week. These make great lettuce wraps, but feel free to eat them however you’d like!
- • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (see below recipe for a how-to link)
- • 3 garlic cloves, minced
- • 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- • ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- • 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- • 2 tbsp red curry paste
- • ½ tsp salt
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and gently toss to coat. Cover the bowl and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp along with the marinade to the pan, and sauté until the shrimp are cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- That’s it! Enjoy!