Cinnamon Roll Bread

This Cinnamon Roll Bread recipe took many, many attempts to get it justtttt right, but it was so worth the effort, because it turned out AMAZING! So good that I’ve already made 2 batches this week!

Cinnamon Roll Bread

I originally created this Cinnamon Roll Bread because I reallyyyyy wanted an actual gluten-free cinnamon roll (I mean, who doesn’t?!)…but making cinnamon rolls is a process and a half. It typically requires letting the dough rise, rolling it out…and all that jazz that ain’t nobody got time for. Sooo…here’s what I made instead! All the flavors of a cinnamon roll made into a DELICIOUS, grain-free and dairy-free bread, that’s SO easy to make!

I test the majority of my recipes on my training partners at my gym because they’re (brutally) honest, and super quick to tell me if something needs work. Being nice doesn’t help with recipe testing, so I’m thankful for their honesty…and I’ve grown some thick skin, haha. 😉 When I brought in the final test of this Cinnamon Roll Bread, everyone just about died over it! It turned out SO GOOD. Like, SO SO GOOD.

Cinnamon Roll Bread

This Cinnamon Roll Bread can also easily be made into muffins using the instructions below. If you are making muffins, I HIGHLY recommend using parchment muffin liners, as grain-free muffins tend to stick to regular liners, and losing half of your muffin is kinda the least fun. If you don’t have parchment liners on hand, I’ve heard that spraying regular liners with coconut oil works well too!

Cinnamon Roll Bread

I used organic powdered sugar (which uses tapioca starch instead of cornstarch) but you can easily make your own paleo-friendly powdered sugar as well!

Also, after testing this recipe several more times, I’ve found that full-fat coconut milk works great in this too, so I’ve updated the directions below. If your coconut milk is separated, which often happens when it’s cold out, simply stick the can in a bowl filled with hot water so that the fat and water content melt back together.

Cinnamon Roll Bread

Looking for more delicious grain-free treats? Be sure to check out my recipe index!

Cinnamon Roll Bread

Enjoy this recipe for my Cinnamon Roll Bread!

Cinnamon Roll Bread

Yield: 1 loaf or 8 muffins

To Make The Bread:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and two longer sides of a 8x4” bread pan with parchment paper , which will make the loaf much easier to remove. Grease the two unlined sides with coconut oil or ghee.
  2. Place all of the ingredients into your food processor, and blend until combined and a batter is formed, scraping down the sides as needed.
  3. Pour the batter into the lined bread pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Gently pull the bread out of the pan using the ends of the parchment paper, and place on a cooling rack.
  4. To make the glaze, place the powdered sugar into a small bowl and stir in the milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, just until a thick glaze forms. Stir in the vanilla.
  5. Slice the bread and drizzle with the glaze. ENJOY!
    To make muffins:
  1. Follow all of the same instructions above, only dividing the batter into a muffin tin lined with 8 parchment liners . Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.

Notes

No food processor? No problem! Simply place the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl and stir with a fork to combine. Place the wet ingredients into a separate medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir well to combine, using a spatula.

PIN IT FOR LATER – Cinnamon Roll Bread:

Cinnamon Roll Bread

Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!

1. Kimberly

Can’t wait to try my hand ay making this. Shared your recipe and my FB my Twitter. ❤❤😋😋 THANKS

Thanks so much, Kimberly!

2. Katie

Can I use coconut flour instead of almond flour?

Hi Katie! Unfortunately coconut flour is the one flour that can’t be subbed for anything else, as it’s super absorbent.

3. Megan

Will this recipe work with an egg replacer like Applesauce or flax/chia mix?

I haven’t tried it myself so I’m not sure if it would. Please let me know how it turns out if you do!

4. Wehilani i

Have you made it without the glaze?

I personally think the glaze is what really makes it – but I’ve had readers who left it off and still loved it!

5. Sue

I hope you get this haha. I have the coconut cream and when I opened it, it was hard on top with liquid on bottom. I scraped the thick part and put that in blender. Was I suppose to shake it and put the mixed liquid/cream in or just thick part. And I used blanched almond flour. Is that ok? It didn’t raise very much and it was very thick batter.

Hi Sue! Blanched almond flour is perfect (all almond flour is blanched, almond meal is not), but I think the coconut cream may have caused an issue, as the batter shouldn’t be too thick. I’ve found the full-fat coconut milk actually works great too – so I’ll update the recipe to include that. Next time, stick the can in a bowl of hot water to help it melt together – it’s a quick trick that works every time! One other thought – did you happen to use the bread pan size called for in the recipe? It’s a bit smaller than your average bread pan, so I’m thinking that if yours was larger, that may have caused it not to rise as well. Hope that helps!

6. Alexa

Did you use honey or maple syrup?

I’ve made this several times and have used both – I typically use honey though, as it’s what I have on hand!

7. Jana

Made this today for Easter breakfast. Followed the recipe exactly. It is killer! I mean had to practice serious self-restraint not to eat half the loaf killer. Thanks for the recipe!

Haha, glad you enjoyed it Jana!

8. Yen

Made this today. It was my first time to bake and I’m glad it turned out okay! Thank you for the recipe, it’s so awesome! 🙂

9. Teresa

Hi there! I made this recipe a few weeks back and it was so good! Then I got an idea to add the actual cinnamon roll filling to it! So, I made this recipe again yesterday and added the filling to it (Ghee, coconut sugar, honey & Cinnamon). My mom and I ate the entire loaf! I was wanting to turn this into an actual cake. any tips or advice on making this recipe big enough for a 9×13? I was wanting to just double the recipe but wasn’t sure if that was a good idea or not.

That sounds amazing, Teresa! Hmmmm…I’m not sure if a double batch would be big enough to fill a 9×13″ pan. You may want to triple it, and I’d bake it at the same temp until the center is set. Hope that helps!

10. Kimi

Oh my goodness! I made this for my mom for Mother’s Day. What a hit! Scrumptious ❤️👍🏽Thank you!

So glad you loved it, Kimi!