I’m so excited to share my summer skincare routine with you today, along with the products that have truly changed my skin!
I LOVE my skin. Years ago, I never thought I’d be able to say that, as it felt like I was dealing with constant skin issues, and now, I’m so grateful to be in a place where I wake up in the morning with super clear, bright skin.
If you’ve ever dealt with skin issues, you know exactly what I’m talking about! I’ve dealt with so many different skin issues over the years, from side effects caused by the Crohn’s medications that I was on, to eczema, all sorts of redness, super sensitive skin, irritation, to serious acne that seemed to last forever…annnnd it wasn’t exactly what I’d call fun.
I used to feel like I needed to cover up my skin, and at the same time, I reallyyy disliked wearing heavy makeup. When I dealt with terrible acne, the best my doctors could offer was topical antibiotics, which never actually seemed to help.
While changing my diet definitely helped my skin, it wasn’t until I switched to using these products that my skin completely cleared up for good. These products have changed everything for me!
If I can love my skin, I have absolutely no doubt the you can too!
Years ago, I never paid much attention to what I put on my skin, and just used whatever makeup I thought worked. I used some random makeup remover wipes and a store bought lotion on my face, and that was the extent of my skincare routine. I also had NO idea how unregulated the beauty and skincare industry was (and still is).
Fast forward to 2013 when I changed my diet, which is part of what led me to becoming the healthiest and strongest version of myself that I am today. Once I started paying attention to what I was putting into my body, and what a powerful impact it has, I began to realize that I should start considering what I was putting onto my skin, errr…my largest organ.
I tried a bunch of different, super natural products…and honestly hated them all, as they didn’t perform whatsoever. Not knowing what else to do, I settled on coconut oil as my body moisturizer, a basic tallow balm for my face, and Dr. Bronner’s soap to wash my face and body.
Annnnd my skin was looking TERRIBLE.
A good friend of mine sent me some Beautycounter products to try that she’d been absolutely raving about. I honestly didn’t think they’d do anything…BUT THEY DID! I fell in love with these products, and my friend was telling me just how great the company is, so I started to do my own research.
Turns out, Beautycounter is AWESOME, and is doing so much to create much needed change in the beauty industry.
As I found out (much to my complete horror), a major law hasn’t been passed in the beauty industry since 1938. Ummmm…WHAT?!
The United States currently only partially bans 30 (THIRTY!) chemicals used in personal care products. Much like the food industry, it’s absolutely wild what beauty companies are allowed to get away with. I then learned that Beautycounter bans 1,500 ingredients, which can be found on their “Never List.”
Not only does Beautycounter go above and beyond with testing ensuring that their products are safe for everyone to use, but their products legit WORK. They’re the best products that I’ve EVER used (this is coming from a former MAC makeup girl!), and they just so happen to be formulated with safer ingredients.
These products have changed truly changed my skin, and I have a feeling you’ll love them too! I tend to have more dry, acne prone skin, but if you need help figuring out which products would be best for your skin, just scroll to the bottom of this post for info on contacting me so that I can help!
I personally find that my skin tends to change as the seasons do, which is why I’m calling this my summer skincare guide, as I’ll typically adjust my products come winter (and use the Cleansing Balm muchhh more often).
Also, if you’re currently dealing with acne, be sure to check out THIS POST that I wrote all about how I cleared my acne and blemishes for good!
MY CURRENT SUMMER SKINCARE ROUTINE:
These are the products that I use daily (in this order). How I use them and what they do is right below this!
Morning Summer Skincare Routine:
Evening Summer Skincare Routine:
- Rejuvenating Radiance Serum OR Overnight Resurfacing Peel
- Rejuvenating Night Cream
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream
My Current Favorite Cleansers:
HOW I USE PRODUCT AND WHY:
Morning Summer Skincare Routine:
- Cleanse: I mostly wash my face with just water, but will use the Charcoal Cleansing Bar if I feel that I needs a deep cleaning.
- Balancing Oil No. 3: This facial oil has completely changed my skin! It’s what completely eliminated my blemishes for good and helped to completely balance out my natural oil production. I know it sounds crazy to put oil on acne prone skin, but it WORKS! I looooove this facial oil. I apply 2-3 drops over the Rejuvenating Day Cream.
- Rejuvenating Day Cream: I apply 2 pumps of this to my face, neck and chest. It’s incredibly nourishing, hydrating, and is specifically targeted for anti-aging.
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream: I’m OBSESSED with this eye cream. It’s the first Beautycounter product that I started using (over 3 years ago!), and it’s incredible for diminishing the look of fine lines and eliminating puffiness. I dap a use my ring finger to lightly dab a tiny amount around my eyes.
Evening Summer Skincare Routine:
- Cleanse: I use 1-2 of the cleansers listed below. The only cleanser that I always use completely on its own is the Cleansing Balm.
- Rejuvenating Radiance Serum OR Overnight Resurfacing Peel: I use each of these products every other night, after cleansing and drying my face. The Rejuvenating Radiance Serum is specifically created for anti-aging, and I loooove it! The Overnight Resurfacing Peel is my latest obsession, as it changed my skin so drastically and SO quickly! I noticed a very noticeable difference in just TWO applications! It’s eliminated some sun spots that I’ve had for years, lightened others, and has given my skin a glow that I’ve never had before! If I were stranded on a desert island, this resurfacing peel would be my absolute must have. Just sayin’. 😉 I use 2 pumps for both products, applying it to my face, neck and chest. Both apply just like a regular serum and dry on your skin. The peel doesn’t actually peel off, it’s more the action that the 15 botanically-derived acids take in sloughing off all of the dead layers of your skin, along with lightening up dark spots. Seriously couldn’t recommend it more!
- Rejuvenating Night Cream: If I’m using the Overnight Resurfacing Peel, I allow it to fully dry on my skin for 3-5 minutes before applying this night cream. The serum I just let dry for 30ish seconds. This is my FAVORITE night cream, as it’s so hydrating and the very best for anti-aging.
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream: I use this exactly as mentioned above!
My Current Favorite Cleansers:
- Cleansing Balm: This is hands down one of my very favorite Beautycounter products! I use this 2-3 times a week to remove my makeup, massaging a pea-sized amount onto my damp skin, letting it soak in for a minute, and then washing it off with the cleansing cloth that this comes with. It’s completely eliminated my dry skin! This is one of those products that you’ll truly understand just how amazing it is once you try it for yourself!
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar: This charcoal bar helped to completely eliminate and prevent blemishes. It’s incredible for gently detoxing your pores, while leaving your skin feeling so soft and nourished. I currently use this 2-3 times every week to wash my face, neck and chest.
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator: This exfoliator is gentle yet super effective for buffing away impurities and sloughing off dead skin to uncover fresh, radiant skin! I use it 2-3 times a week!
- Makeup Remover Wipes: I don’t use these often, but they’re the BEST for traveling or when I’m feeling lazy and just want to wipe my makeup off and hop into bed. Plus, I love that they’re completely compostable!
No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask: This is my favorite mask that I use once every week or two, or whenever I feel that my skin needs a deep cleaning! It’s amazing for detoxing your skin, eliminating blackheads and blemishes. I’ve also used it as an overnight spot treatment, and my blemish has always been gone by the following morning!
Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer + Eye Brow Pencil: I work from home and love to keep my makeup routine simple, unless I’m going out to an event, etc. These are the two products that I use the very most and love! The Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer provides a light coverage plus SPF (I use No. 2 in the winter and summer – the color is super forgiving) and I use the brow pencil in light to fill in my brows! I typically apply the Dew Skin a couple hours after waking up (which is when I use my morning moisturizers), but on the rare day that I do use this first thing in the morning, I’ll skip my other moisturizers and just use this. If you’re looking for more coverage for your skin, I highly recommend the Tint Skin Foundation!
Need help with choosing the best products for YOUR skin?
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can help guide you in the right direction! Be sure to include what your skin is currently like in terms of being oily/dry, and how you’d love for it to look and feel, along with any other concerns that you have.
Be sure to also join my Safer Skincare Email List, where I send you my insider tips and so much more, that isn’t shared anywhere else!