This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is everyone’s favorite game day or party appetizer! Made with juicy shredded chicken, creamy mayo, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning; this easy and delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip is then baked until golden, bubbly, and perfect for dipping. (Whole30 compliant + Paleo)
I’ve been meaning to blog this recipe for my buffalo chicken dip for forever now! This dip is my father-in-laws FAVORITE, as he always requests it and talks about how delicious it is. It’s also such a huge hit at parties, and so easy to make!
If you know me, you know I looooove buffalo chicken anything! If you haven’t made my buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes with ranch dressing, you must! They’re so, so good! I love how easy this dip is, and no one will ever guess that it’s completely dairy-free!
If you’re heading to any Super Bowl parties this year, make sure you make this buffalo chicken dip! Seriously, everyone will love you and want to be your best friend. I love this served with fresh veggies and plantain chips, but feel free to get creative!
What Is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of my all-time favorite party foods! It’s super easy to make and so creamy and flavorful. This Buffalo Chicken recipe is made Whole30 compliant and Paleo, with simple ingredients like shredded chicken, hot sauce, mayo and seasonings. You also don’t have the mess of Buffalo Chicken Wings, and this is baked right in an easily portable baking dish. It’s no surprise that this dip is the very first thing to disappear from the snack table.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Everyone has their own version of Buffalo Chicken Dip. For me personally, I wanted to make this appetizer dairy-free and healthier.
Just a handful of super simple steps is all it takes to make this recipe.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350ºF. Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir all ingredients together.
- Transfer mixture to an 8×8″ baking dish or you can use one like you see in the photos.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.
That’s it! Super easy, right?
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients:
- The Chicken – Feel free to use whatever chicken you have on-hand. You can bake or boil fresh chicken breasts and then shred them or use canned chicken or rotisserie chicken. I really like to use rotisserie chicken because it has a great flavor and significantly cuts down on prep time.
- The Hot Sauce – Use your favorite, but Tessemae’s is always my go-to!
- The Seasoning – This recipe uses garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. They are simple seasonings, but paired with the other ingredients, they give this dip the BEST flavor!
- The Mayo – This dip is meant to be creamy. Instead of using cream cheese or another cheese substitute, I find that mayo works so well to give this dip that classic creamy texture, while easily keeping the recipe Whole30 compliant and Paleo. Of course, you will want to use either a homemade mayo or try Primal Kitchen Mayo.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In Advance?
Yes! To make Buffalo Chicken Dip ahead of time, prepare the dip up to one day in advance, cover and refrigerate. Add 5 to 10 minutes of cooking time when ready to bake.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In The Slow Cooker?
You can make this dip in a slow cooker by adding all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, stirring, and cooking on low for 4 to 6 hours. Stir once or twice during the cooking process.
How Do You Reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip?
If you happen to have leftovers, I would suggest finishing them up within 2-3 days. This dip works great reheated in the oven or microwave. You can even make a whole new meal! I love this dip wrapped up in a tortilla!
What To Serve With This Dip?
The greatness of this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is that it tastes great with just about anything. Favorites include,
- Crackers, chips, pretzels.
- Celery and carrot sticks. Sweet mini peppers would also be great!
- A crusty bread.
- Plantain chips.
If You Like This Buffalo Chicken Appetizer, Try These:
Happy cooking! I hope you enjoy this super easy and delicious buffalo chicken dip recipe! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I used leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (homemade or Primal Kitchen/Sir Kensington )
- ½ cup hot sauce (I used Tessemae’s, but Frank’s Original works too)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir well.
Pour the mixture into an 8x8” dish, or a round dish like the one that I used in the photos.
Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are lightly brown and bubbling.
Enjoy warm with celery, carrot and zucchini sticks! Plantain chips are awesome too!
- You can make this dip in a slow cooker by adding all of the ingredients to the slow cooker, stirring, and cooking on low for 4 to 6 hours. Stir once or twice during the cooking process.
- To make Buffalo Chicken Dip ahead of time, prepare the dip up to one day in advance, cover and refrigerate. Add 5 to 10 minutes of cooking time when ready to bake.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!