This easy recipe for chicken enchilada soup can be made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker for a satisfying meal the whole family will love. And you can feel good about serving up this delicious, healthy soup that's loaded with shredded chicken, vegetables, Mexican seasonings, and finished off with a variety of tasty toppings.
As a kid, I used to LOVE the Chicken Enchilada Soup that I got at a local restaurant, which is what inspired me to create my own healthy version to share with you. This recipe couldn't be any easier to make, and it's sure to become a favorite in your home too.
How Do You Make Chicken Enchilada Soup?
Place all of the soup ingredients, except for the salt, into your Instant Pot and stir well to combine. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and select the "Manual" mode (high pressure). Press the '-' button until the screen says 25 minutes.
When the soup is finished cooking, turn off the Instant Pot and manually release the pressure. Remove the lid and shred the chicken with two forks. Serve it up and top with any favorite toppings.
Place all of the soup ingredients into your slow cooker and stir well to combine. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
When the soup is finished cooking, shred the chicken with two forks. Serve it up and top with any favorite toppings.
Tips & Variations:
- This soup has a bit of heat to it, so if you'd like it to have a more mild flavor, simply add less chili powder.
- If you don't have fire roasted diced tomatoes on hand, you can easily substitute regular diced tomatoes. I love the flavor that the fire roasting gives to this soup, but it'll be great either way.
- I love topping this soup with plantain chips, Siete grain-free tortilla chips, or corn chips (Jackson's Honest is my favorite brand), cilantro & a big scoop of sour cream (if you don't tolerate dairy, check out my dairy-free sour cream in my eBook).
- Serve this soup with some greens added to the Chicken Enchilada Soup or a salad on the side for a complete meal!
- Feel free to make this recipe your own and add any toppings that you'd like.
This soup is absolutely perfect for a cold day or any day, it's comfort food at its finest!
Other Instant Pot Recipes To Try:
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!