Yeah, I know, that's the longest recipe title ever. But guess what? It's my birthday today!! You guys, I'm officially 30 years old. THIRTY. As a child, I always thought of 30 as the age that I would officially become an adult. So I guess that means as of today, I'm officially a grown up. Grown ups are cool, yeah?!
You know what is pretty rad? I'm much healthier at 30 than I was at turning 21! I have a big feeling that this year ahead is gonna be pretty awesome!
Anywho, I made these cakes on a whim a couple days ago, and seriously, they are SO. GOOD!! I had the idea to bake sunbutter (which tastes like peanut butter) and bananas inside of the cake, and I'm SO glad I did! It makes the cake incredibly moist and rich. This may be the best thing I've ever tasted. Not kidding. Plus they're crazy easy to make! Did I mention they're delicious? It definitely doesn't have to be your birthday to make these. They're perfect anytime!
I'm off to enjoy the day, hope you all have an amazing day as well! Happy baking!
- •½ cup coconut flour
- •¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- •1 tsp baking soda
- •½ tsp salt
- •4 eggs
- •½ cup palm shortening
- •¼ cup coconut cream
- •¼ cup honey
- •2 tsp vanilla extract
- •1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- •6 tbsp sunbutter
- •1 banana, sliced thin (ripe or unripe, whatever your prefer)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your ramekins with coconut oil or palm shortening. I used four ramekins that hold 8oz (one cup) each.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the sunbutter and banana into a food processor. Process until well combined and the batter is smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary (the batter will be thick). **No food processor? No problem! Just mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the ramekins, filling halfway. Add 1 ½ tbsp of sunbutter to each ramekin, and then top with the sliced bananas. Top with the remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm and eat up! Soooo good!!