When I first changed my diet, one of the more difficult things for my brain to understand, is that there was no longer rice next to whatever I was eating. Before the switch, I ate rice ALL. THE. TIME. I was straight addicted to it. I loved my grains, but learning that they weren’t quite the “health food” that I was taught to believe, I decided to ditch them for good. It took a little while, but my body officially made the switch, and I no longer felt the need for grains whatsoever! During my transition is when cauliflower “rice” first really came into action. In my own mind, it completely made up for the lack of grains!
Now I just love cauliflower rice because it switches things up a bit! There are so many different flavor combinations that you could use, it’s extremely versatile. This dish goes perfectly with my Asian Inspired Meatballs! Hope you love this recipe as much as my family does!
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- ¼ tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- Salt to taste
**You can “rice” the cauliflower two different ways – 1. Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and pulse in your food processor until it looks similar to rice in size. OR 2. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a box grater to grate the cauliflower.
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil has melted, add the cauliflower “rice.”
2. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until the rice is cooked to your liking.
3. While the “rice” is cooking, mix together the lime juice, lime zest and cilantro in a small bowl.
4. Add the lime juice mixture to the “rice” and mix well. Season with salt. So good!!
Disclaimer – I am not a healthcare professional, nor do I have any medical training. Everything you will read on this blog is based solely on my personal opinion, or research that I have done. I technically don’t recommend anything, make sure to do your own research and talk to your healthcare provider.