It’s officially the release day for Brittany Angell’s new book – Every Last Crumb! To celebrate, I’m giving away a copy of her amazing cookbook (see the very bottom of this post for the rules) and sharing Brittany’s recipe for her English Muffins that I just made into eggs benedict for breakfast this morning!
When I saw this book arrive in the mail, I immediately ripped open the packaging and checked out all of the awesomeness that this book contains! This book is truly going to change so many lives. It’s easy to see the love that was put into each page of this book, and I can hardly begin to imagine all of the labor that it took to create these recipes. Brittany doesn’t settle for anything less than perfection, and it’s easy to tell when you try her recipes for yourself. The recipes are unlike any other paleo recipes I’ve ever made, they’re truly incredible and taste just like the original, except better!
Brittany made her recipes so easy to follow that even the non-baker (like yours truly) won’t have a single glitch in the kitchen. She gives both gram and cup measurements, so you have your choice of which you prefer to use. Her recipes are so fun to make!
So far I’ve made the Parker House Dinner Rolls, Honey “Cornbread” Muffins, Chili (her book isn’t just bread!) and English Muffins. Each recipe has been absolutely amazing; I can’t wait to try so many more!
Brittany specializes in not only paleo recipes, but she also does dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and even sugar-free recipes too! She really makes anything possible! She has a huge passion for creating recipes that are allergen-free (as she has food allergies herself), so that anyone can have that special treat and not feel terrible afterwards.
Brittany makes it possible for anyone to have their cake (and bread) and eat it too!
This book makes the perfect gift for anyone this holiday season! Click HERE to order on Amazon. You can also find it in stores at Barnes & Noble and at select Costcos across the country!
Now, onto the recipe for the English Muffins from Every Last Crumb – these are so easy to make and taste just like the original! Enjoy!
- 207 grams lukewarm water (about a scant 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar
- 127 grams potato starch or sweet potato starch (about 2⁄3 cup plus 2 teaspoons)
- 72 grams coconut flour (about 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 30 grams tapioca starch (about ¼ cup)
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 64 grams Spectrum vegetable shortening (about 1⁄3 cup)
- In a small bowl, mix together the lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potato starch, coconut flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Stir the yeast mixture and shortening into the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated and a dough forms. The dough will be fairly wet and sticky.
- Oil a large skillet and the inside of each of 4 English muffin rings (see Notes). Place the rings in the skillet.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and place a portion in each ring. Brush the tops liberally Cover the skillet and place over low heat for 1 minute. Turn off the heat, keeping the English Muffins covered, and allow them to rise for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Turn the burner back on to medium-low heat. Keeping the lid on the skillet, cook the English Muffins for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and flip the English Muffins.
- Cover and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove the rings.
- Cover the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the finished English Muffins from the skillet and let cool completely before breaking open with a fork and toasting. Store extras at room temperature in a sealed container, or freeze for another day.
- You can create your own English muffin rings by folding aluminum foil over itself. Use metal paper clips to hold them together.
- If you find that your English Muffins are not fully cooked through, lower the heat and cook them longer. You can continue to cook a muffin in the skillet even if it has been cut open.
There are TWO mandatory steps to enter the giveaway –
- Sign up for my blog updates. Either signup HERE or at the top right of this page. If you’re already following my blog then you’re good to go! I never ever send spam, promise!
- Leave a comment on this post telling me that you’ve signed up for my blog updates. Be sure to enter your email address in the comment form so that I can contact you if you win.
A Few More Rules:
- Giveaway is open to US residents only
- The winner will be chosen at random on Friday, December 12th at 11:59pm PST.
- Once the winner has been selected, you will have 48 hours to respond. If there is no response within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blog, I may receive monetary compensation. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable.