This Instant Pot chili is a delicious combination of beef, veggies, tomatoes and spices, all simmered together in a pressure cooker until it's perfectly rich and hearty. An easy, quick way to make classic no bean chili! So satisfying and packed with protein, nothing beats a comforting bowl of chili!
Welcome to the best Instant Pot chili ever, which also happens to be the easiest to make! This chili cooks in just 15 minutes in your Instant Pot, and I've also included slow cooker & stovetop directions as well.
I always make a double batch as leftovers are truly the BEST. The flavors deepen more as this dish has time to sit, and having this for brunch with an egg on top & some corn or Siete grain-free chips is always a great idea.
How Do You Make Instant Pot Chili?
To make Instant Pot chili, start by sautéing the onion, pepper and carrots. After the veggies are softened, add the ground beef and sauté until cooked through. Drain any fat, if needed and then add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spice blend to the pot and give it a really good stir. Add the tomatoes and broth/water and stir once more.
Seal the lid, turn your Instant Pot off and then select 'manual' mode. Press the "-" until the screen says 15 minutes.
Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure. Top the chili with any toppings of your choice and ENJOY!
Instant Pot Chili Tips:
- To make things even easier, you can whip up the spice blend ahead of time and just add it to the pan once you're cooking. I'm ALL about time-saving shortcuts!
- If you're able to find them, I also highly recommend using fire roasted diced tomatoes as they add in even more flavor. I personally use Whole Foods 365 brand, but any 28oz can will do.
- To some, chili just isn't chili without the beans. While I tolerate beans just fine these days, I'm not a huge fan of them anymore. Without adding beans, this chili is totally Whole30 compliant, but if beans are your thing, feel free to add them in! It'll bulk up the recipe as well.
- I load this up with even more veggies, simply stir in some greens just before serving.
- This is a mild, yet super flavorful chili. If spicy is more your thing, feel free to add an extra tablespoon of chili powder, ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, and/or some hot sauce!
- Serve the beef chili with your favorite toppings of sour cream, cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips, avocado, fresh cilantro or green onion.
- To change things up, try serving this chili over a halved and pitted avocado or baked white or sweet potato.
- Serve for breakfast with a fried egg over the top. So good!
This beef chili will keep well in the fridge for several days. Any longer than that and I would suggest freezing the chili. Beef chili freezes beautifully. Cool chili completely and store in an air-tight container up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat on the stove top or microwave.
This no-fuss Instant Pot chili recipe makes the perfect family dinner for busy weeknights. It seriously tastes like it's been simmering all day. You'll want to make this one again and again!
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot chili recipe as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
Pin This For Later:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!