Whole30 ranch dressing that’s unbelievably addicting – flavorful and creamy, with hints of garlic, dill, and a subtle bit of heat from the fresh jalapeño. This Jalapeño Ranch Dressing is definitely the best Whole30 ranch dressing you’ll ever taste, so easy and super versatile too.
If ya know me at all, then by now you know that I live for homemade sauces, as they take every dish to the next-level! This jalapeño ranch dressing is so flavorful, plus it only takes a few minutes to make.
This delicious dressing is the BEST when served with just about any protein, veggies, potatoes of any variety – mini potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, baked potatoes….you name it! Oh, and tacos, taco salads, and anything taco related!
Learning just how easy it is to make homemade dressings and sauces was a total game changer for me; now our fridge is always stocked with them. They make salads, burgers and fries so much more fun!
Besides this Jalapeño Ranch Dressing, my other fave is my Chipotle Aioli – if you haven’t tried it yet, it’s a MUST.
What makes this Jalapeño Ranch Dressing so good:
- This recipe is super quick and easy. It comes together in just about 5 minutes, thanks to my immersion blender.
- This Whole30 ranch dressing is so tasty! It includes fresh flavor from garlic, dill, parsley, and jalapeño. And the creaminess is absolutely perfect!
- It’s super versatile to make, add in as much or as little of the herbs and jalapeños as you prefer.
- It’s a condiment that goes with just about everything. I love it drizzled over grilled chicken, tacos and burgers! Yum!
- When using an immersion blender to make homemade ranch dressing, start blending at the bottom of the container and slowly work your way up to the top. As you’re working your way up, make sure that all ingredients are blending well.
- I highly recommend using avocado oil in this recipe for the best flavor. A regular olive oil may give this dressing a bitter taste.
- Use a container that is wide enough to fit the immersion blender from top to bottom. Also using a glass or clear container is best for making sure the mixture is fully blending as you’re making the dressing.
- Change this dressing up by adding any favorite herbs. You could try giving this a Mexican twist by using cilantro instead of parsley and dill.
- Experiment with different spices. You can replace the salt for any seasoning salt you may have on-hand. And if you’d like more heat, try adding Chipotle Chile Pepper or even a small amount of cayenne pepper.
How to make homemade ranch dressing with an immersion blender:
In my opinion, there’s no excuse to not make your own homemade ranch dressing! It’s so easy and so much less expensive than a healthier Whole30 compliant ranch dressing at the store. Simply add avocado oil, an egg, mustard powder, lemon juice and salt to a tall container, like a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, whirl away with the immersion blender, throw the herbs and jalapeño in, and blend a bit more. That’s it!
Jalapeño Ranch Dressing FAQs:
- I don’t have an immersion blender. Can I still make this dressing? If you don’t yet have one, then I highly recommend purchasing an immersion blender to make your homemade mayo/aioli’s come to life. Not only are they really inexpensive, but they also make life in the kitchen SO much easier, especially when it comes to making dressings! If you really don’t want to get an immersion blender, then you can make this jalapeño ranch using a whisk instead of an immersion blender, by following THIS recipe. Just know that it definitely takes more work, patience & isn’t fool-proof, like it is with an immersion blender.
- How long does Jalapeño Ranch Dressing last? Store the dressing in a sealed container in your fridge for up to a week.
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (or 1 ½ teaspoons dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced (or about ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
- ¼ cup jalapeño, seeds removed and minced (approximately 2)
Place the avocado oil, egg, mustard powder, lemon juice and salt into a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, just until the sauce is completely combined.
Add the dill, parsley, garlic & jalapeño to the container and blend once more, just until mixed well. Store in a sealed container in your fridge for up to a week.
If you’d like to make the dressing thinner, simply stir in unsweetened almond milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you’ve reached your desired consistency. It won’t take much!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
JALAPEÑO RANCH DRESSING