This taco soup is a delicious blend of ground beef, vegetables and seasonings, all simmered to perfection and topped with all the taco fixings. An easy dinner option that’s kid-friendly and quick to make! Instant Pot, Slow Cooker and Stovetop instructions included!
UPDATED WITH INSTANT POT & SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS, AS WELL AS THE ORIGINAL STOVE TOP RECIPE!
You can’t go wrong with a hot bowl of soup on a cool fall or winter day. My family always requests chicken zoodle soup, loaded cauliflower soup and this zesty taco soup. When the weather gets a little cool, this healthy taco soup becomes a weekly recipe. It cooks up thick and hearty, and is a total crowd pleaser. It would be perfect for a game day get together or any old busy weeknight! Don’t skip the toppings, though. They seal the deal!
Ingredients In Taco Soup
If you find yourself with a package of ground beef and no idea what to make for dinner, this is your recipe! It’s so easy to whip up and I usually have everything needed to make it. Plus, it tastes just like tacos! And that’s always a win in my book!
If you don’t happen to have everything to make this soup, consider adding what you need from the list below to your next grocery list. That way you have everything you need for this soup on hand and ready to go.
- Ghee or coconut oil
- Red onion
- 2 Bell Peppers (I used 1 red & 1 green)
- 2 lbs Ground beef (mine was from Yellowstone grassfed beef )
- Chili powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne powder (optional)
- 2 4oz cans diced green chiles
- 18 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth (I used bones from Yellowstone grassfed beef to make my broth)
- Optional taco fixings for the topping
How To Make Taco Soup
One of the many things I love about this soup is that it can be cooked any way that you prefer and it has amazing flavor no matter which way you choose. I give instructions for cooking on the stovetop, in a slow cooker or in an instant pot. See the recipe card, below, for all of the detailed information.
For cooking on the stovetop, start by sautéing the onion, bell pepper, taco meat, and then add all of the seasoning. So easy! Then, add the rest of your ingredients and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes. So fast! Your soup is done and you’re ready to dig in. Add your favorite taco fixings like cilantro, black olives, sliced jalapeño, some crunchy plantain chips, and I highly recommend the dairy-free sour cream recipe from my eBook. SO GOOD!
Tips For Making Taco Soup
- I used ground beef, but feel free to use ground turkey or chicken instead.
- This soup works really well for meal prep because it gets tastier after sitting in the fridge for awhile and the flavors have a chance to marry together. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. You can also freeze any leftover soup for up to 2 months or possibly longer.
- Feel free to customize this soup based on ingredients your family likes best. This soup incredibly versatile.
- My favorite toppings for this soup include plantain chips, dairy-free sour cream, avocado, cilantro, onion and olives. Feel free to get creative, though, and use all of your favorites!
- This soup is hearty enough to serve on its own as a complete meal, or you can add a side salad.
This taco soup is the perfect easy dinner option that the whole family will love! It’s colorful, full of flavor, and takes just minutes to put together.
Looking For Other Easy Soup Recipes:
I hope your family loves this taco soup recipe as much as mine does! Happy cooking! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
PIN THIS THIS TACO SOUP RECIPE FOR LATER:
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!