This may just be one of the best things I’ve ever eaten! Seriously, SO good. I had some pastured pork to use up from my farmers market, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to make some homemade sausage patties, and little did I know how amazing they would turn out! This is a perfect breakfast for anyone, even if you’re on the autoimmune protocol, or if you’re unable to eat eggs, as breakfasts can get a little tricky. Just serve them with a side of sautéed veggies! I love eating veggies for breakfast! Hope you love this just as much as my family did! Beware, you may become addicted!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground pork (preferably pastured/organic)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced (preferably pastured/organic)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (I use grade B)
- 2 tsp fresh sage, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp salt
1. Melt the coconut oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix all of the ingredients well with your hands. Form into small patties (I made 12 patties.)
3. Once the coconut oil has melted and the pan is hot, add the patties to the pan, cooking for about 3 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Eat up!