Homemade ranch is seriously my jam, and this is one of my favorite on-the-go meals! It's no secret that my ranch dressing is a staple in our house. If you use all dried herbs and garlic powder, the ranch will keep in your fridge for as long as your eggs are good for! I always make a quadruple batch of my ranch, this way I'm not constantly making it.
This recipe really couldn't get any simpler! Even if you don't have the ranch dressing pre-made, this recipe will still take you 5 minutes to throw together, from start to finish. It's a great way to use up leftover chicken, and you can add any vegetables you'd like. It's delicious served over butter lettuce, spinach, or zoodles (zucchini noodles). I hope you love it as much as we do!
- • 2/3 cup avocado oil
- • 1 egg (preferably pasture-raised)
- • ½ tsp mustard powder
- • 1 tsp lemon juice
- • 2 tsp dried dill
- • 1 ½ tsp dried parsley (or about 1 tbsp fresh, minced)
- • ¾ tsp fresh, minced garlic (or ¼ tsp garlic powder)
- • ½ tsp sea salt
- • 2 cups leftover, cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- • 1/3 cup celery, diced
- • 1/3 cup zucchini, diced
- • 1/3 cup bell pepper, diced
- • Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. This should take less than a minute!
- **FYI this recipe only works if you're using an immersion blender. If you're using a regular blender or vitamix, use the link below for a basic mayo recipe. Then just add the dill, parsley, garlic & salt!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve on top of zoodles, salad greens, or just eat with a fork! Or eat with your hands, I don't judge! Enjoy!