Although this isn’t technically a new recipe post for me, as it can be found with my Buffalo Chicken Tenders and Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, it’s one of my most popular recipes, so it certainly deserves it’s very own post! I’ve loved ranch dressing for as long as I can remember, but as I changed my diet to a whole foods approach, looking at the ingredients in a store bought bottle of dressing can be quite frightening! My ranch recipe is incredibly easy to make, and you’ll recognize every single ingredient! Plus it’s incredibly delicious! Yay!
I always make a double batch of this because we love using it for everything! That was a lie, I actually make a quadruple batch. Sorry I’m not sorry? Seriously, it’s THAT GOOD! Want to get kids to eat their veggies? Serve them up with homemade ranch! Burgers, fries, dipping veggies, salad dressing, the list goes on for what you could use this for! If you use all dried seasonings (like I do) it’ll last as long as your egg is good for. You’ll never go back to the bottled version once you try this recipe! Enjoy!
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg (preferably pastured)
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice (bottled)
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 ½ tsp dried parsley (or about 1 tbsp fresh, minced)
- ¾ tsp fresh, minced garlic (or ¼ tsp garlic powder)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. This should take less than a minute!
**FYI this recipe only works if you’re using an immersion blender. If you’re using a regular blender or vitamix, use the basic mayo recipe that can be found HERE. Then just add the dill, parsley, garlic & salt!