While I looove me a good cocktail, I definitely don’t love sugary, artificially flavored or colored anything, which is why I create healthier alternatives that we all can enjoy! This Rosemary Vodka Lemonade is so light and refreshing, plus it’s only sweetened with a little honey!
Spring has officially shown its beautiful face here in California, and I couldn’t be more excited! While I can get down with hot cocoa and snuggling by the fire, I truly live for sunshine and time spent outside. With Easter, spring break & summer barbecues right around the corner, this rosemary vodka lemonade is gonna be your new go-to cocktail!
I get a lot of questions about alcohol – do I drink it? Is vodka gluten-free?
To start, I’ve chatted all about how alcohol plays a part in my healthy lifestyle in THIS POST.
Technically all distilled alcohol is considered to be gluten-free, even if it’s made from wheat.
I personally still take extra precaution to avoid alcohol made from wheat, as I don’t want to risk it. Accidentally eating wheat makes me sick for daysss, so it just isn’t worth testing.
Personally, I don’t believe that it’s the gluten that I’m always sensitive too either. Ever wondered why so many aren’t able to tolerate wheat in the United States, but can in other countries, like Europe? Something to think about. 😉
While many different brands of vodka are made from wheat, here are some of my fave brands that are created from other sources:
- Boyd & Blair Potato Vodka (made from potatoes)
- Green Hope Organic Cane Vodka (made from organic, non–GMO cane)
- Chopin Potato Vodka (the black cap is made from potatoes, the others are wheat based)
- Tito’s (made from corn)
Finding out what a particular vodka/alcohol is made from is always a simple Google away as well!
If you’re a tequila lover like I am (which is always gluten-free!) and love simple ingredients, then you’ve definitely gotta make my Fresh Peach Margaritas, my Mango Lime Margaritas & my Pineapple Mango Margaritas with Chili-Lime Salt.
Enjoy this recipe for my Rosemary Vodka Lemonade!
- 3 lemon slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I used Meyer Lemon)
- 2 tablespoons honey-rosemary syrup (recipe below)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, for garnish
For The Honey-Rosemary Syrup:
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves (removed from stem)
- Bring the water and honey to a boil in a small pan, over medium heat. Turn off the heat as soon as the mixture begins to boil and add the rosemary leaves, stirring to combine. Let cool completely and then strain, removing the rosemary leaves and pressing as much as the honey mixture out as possible.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. Add the all of the rosemary vodka lemonade ingredients to the glass and stir to combine. ENJOY!
The rosemary-honey syrup can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
PIN IT FOR LATER: Rosemary Vodka Lemonade
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!