Last week I received an awesome delivery at my front door from Sizzle Fish, and it was pretty much the best ever! Who wouldn’t want wild-caught seafood delivered right to their door, in convenient & perfectly portioned packaging? I received the Paleo Prime Plus from Sizzle Fish, and I highly recommend it! I’m making the scallops tonight 😉
I’ve been in a tropical mood lately. Partly because it’s been incredibly warm and gorgeous in California, and partly because I wish I were in Hawaii right now. For this recipe, I used the Sockeye Salmon from Sizzle Fish, and it turned out even better than I imagined!
I’ve recently learned that my favorite way to make fish is to bake it. It cooks perfectly every time! This recipe is so easy, and full of flavor! Seriously, it’ll take you 20 minutes from start to finish, and if you want to cut down on the time even more, just toss the barely chopped salsa ingredients in your food processor or blender, and pulse a few times to blend. So easy!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Happy cooking!
- • 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 filets
- • 2 tbsp ghee
- • Salt & pepper
- • 2 cups fresh mango, diced into ½” cubes
- • 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced into ½” cubes
- • 1 avocado, diced into ½” cubes
- • 1 cup red bell pepper, diced into ½” pieces (approximately 1 bell pepper)
- • ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- • 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- • salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet or dish with parchment paper.
- Pat the salmon dry. Place the salmon skin side down on the lined baking sheet. Rub the salmon with the ghee, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon 4-6 minutes, per ½” thickness. (My salmon was about ¾” thick and took exactly 8 minutes to fully cook).
- While the fish is baking, let’s make the salsa! Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Remove the salmon from the oven when it’s finished cooking, top with the salsa and pretend you’re in Hawaii!