Who doesn’t love layered creamy potatoes? I know I do! Traditional potato gratins are typically covered in cheese and breadcrumbs, and while mine may not have these, you definitely won’t miss it! This dish is bursting with flavor and is the perfect side dish to serve up any night of the week. Enjoy!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced very thin with a mandoline or sharp knife (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- 1 – 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp ghee (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, minced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. First let’s toast the pecans! Heat a skillet over medium heat, once hot add the pecans. Stir the pecans frequently; keeping a close eye on them, they can burn quickly! Place in a clean bowl once they’re nice and toasty.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the coconut milk, ghee, garlic cloves, thyme, and sage. Stir until combined.
4. In an 8” x 8” pyrex dish, place a small amount of the coconut milk mixture. Place a layer of sweet potatoes in the dish, followed by more of the coconut milk mixture. Continue until all of the sweet potatoes and coconut milk are layered in the dish.
5. Bake tightly covered for 40 minutes, and then uncovered for another 20-25 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned. Top with the toasted pecans and enjoy!