These healthy chocolate chip muffins are absolutely delicious, moist and tender! They are made gluten free, dairy free and paleo with almond flour and studded with plenty of chocolate chips. The perfect breakfast or quick snack on the go, and kids love them!
Can't stop, won't stop eating these healthy chocolate chip muffins. They're SO GOOD, and super easy to make! Muffins are always a treat, and when you add chocolate chips to the mix, they're really next level! These chocolate chip muffins are great because they are quick to make, and have a fabulous flavor that will please both kids and adults.
If you're one of my lovely newsletter subscribers, than you actually got this recipe last year! Just one of the many benefits to being on my email list…just sayin'. 😉
How Do You Make Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins?
First make the muffin batter by mixing together almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut milk, honey, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir them until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Divide the batter into a lined muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Place the muffins on a cooling rack to cool for several minutes, and then ENJOY!
Tips For Making Chocolate Chip Muffins With Almond Flour
- Don't overbake your muffins. Dry muffins are not good muffins. Bake them just until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, or once you can touch the top of the muffin and the muffin springs back.
- Don't overmix your batter. Mix just until everything is combined. Over-mixing batter can produce tough muffins.
- I HIGHLY recommend using parchment muffin liners for these muffins, as grain-free muffins tend to stick to regular liners. If you don't have parchment liners on hand, I've heard that spraying regular liners with coconut oil works well too!
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for 5 days. Muffins that are refrigerated can be microwaved for about 15 seconds before serving.
Feel free to customize these muffins to your liking by adding other ingredients to the mix.
- Chocolate: You can use any favorite type of chocolate chips such as milk chocolate or white chocolate. If you want to keep these dairy free and paleo, be sure to use a compliant baking chip. Butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips are also delicious add-ins.
- Fruit: Try stirring in about 1/2 cup diced strawberries or blueberries, or use about 1/3 cup dried raisins or cranberries.
- Other add-ins: Mix in other ingredients, like chopped nuts, shredded coconut, cinnamon or almond extract.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes To Try
If you don't tolerate almond flour, I have plenty of other muffin recipes that are nut-free! Some of my favorites are:
I made a double batch of these muffins yesterday and brought them to my gym… they were gone in a flash! These healthy chocolate chip muffins are the perfect treat to make for friends and family, or for just yourself! Who doesn't love a healthier treat that's only lightly sweetened with honey?!
I hope you can taste the love that went into creating these healthy chocolate chip muffins! Happy baking! If you give this recipe a try, be sure to comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Also, I would love to see your creations on Instagram. Be sure to tag me @livinglovingpaleo!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you purchase something from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage, at no additional cost to you. I will only ever recommend products that I truly believe in, and that I use myself or find to be very valuable. Thanks for helping me to keep my blog up and running!